LLANTILIO PERTHOLEY PRIMARY SCHOOL
PUPIL DEPRIVATION GRANT (PDG) INFORMATION
2015 – 2016
This grant provides financial assistance for schools to tackle national priorities in education.
The purpose of publishing this information is to ensure that there is transparency around the spending of this grant and that this information is readily available to parents and other interested parties.
Relevant School Data
The total number of pupils on school roll for January 2016 is 202
· The school’s percentage of eFSM pupils is approximately 12%
· This is less than the percentage for the previous year
· The total allocation of PDG to Llantilio Pertholey from April 2016 to March 2017 is £20,700
The school undertakes the following activities in order to support pupils facing the challenges of poverty and deprivation
· Proportion of Teaching Assistant salary to deliver intervention to eFSM pupils to support acquisition of literacy skills. This may be in the form of extra reading practice in class or in small support groups; direct intervention programs such as Tackling the Tail (Year 1), Literacy Launcher (Year 3) or Success in Six (Year 6); support for written activities both in class and in small support groups.
· Proportion of Teaching Assistant salary to deliver intervention to eFSM pupils to support acquisition of numeracy skills. This may be in the form of Number Recovery skills as individuals or small groups; support within the class setting; support in maths parental workshops and homework sessions.
The school’s plans for spending PDG and EIG grants are regularly scrutinised by the Governing Body, supported by advice from the EAS and monitored by the Local Authority.